Followers

7 Oct 2013

Pumpkin Power

Hi peeps

With Halloween not long away and all that Trick or Treating to prepare for I thought I'd share how I've made my Halloween Treat/Gift bags with you.  This is one of a few I've made from my favourite paper in the Steampunk Spells collection by G45.
I started off with two pieces of A4 black card, scored the crease lines with my Scor-pal and then cut all the flaps, ready to stick together.
Then I made the decoration on the front from the Happy Halloween cut apart, a couple of pumpkins and two Seymore Bones from the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 papers.  I trimmed down the cut apart, cut out the sentiment and repositioned the bottom border under the pumpkins, then I shaped the two pumpkins with a ball tool to give them some dimension, added Mr & Mr Seymore Bones to the large basket with some pop dots and then stuck the pumpkins down over the ones on the cut apart.  Then I mounted the piece on black card and stuck it to the front of the bag over the blue background paper.  

 I added the handles, used blue paper to cover the rest of the bag while it was still flat and added a black Martha Stewart spider web border with paper trim to the top edges before joining the two sections together .
to finish I added some green glitter to the pumpkin leaves, and a black bow to the handles.
 Have fun if you make some yourself and have a great week.

I'll be joining Ali and Ian on their stand at the Hobbycraft show at the NEC in November and hosting the make and take sessions, so if your planning on going to the show call by the stand early to book a place and make our festive tag with a twist.  :-) C

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the papers, love it xx

    Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great project Clare
    fits in so well with our Halloween blog challenge this month
    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fantastic, great papers and love the skull images...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr and Mrs Seymore Bones look fabulous flying in their balloon - a great make and wonderful papers! Anne x

    ReplyDelete